Firms and organizations in the private sector require an interdisciplinary approach that balances client needs with community and public interests. Cambridge Systematics brings both a respected track record in the public sector and a collaborative approach that inspires trust among all constituencies to our private sector projects. As an industry leader, we can offer strong expertise in all aspects of transportation to our private sector clients. And as one of largest continuous providers of Federal transportation research and policy support, we can offer private clients the value of vision, and the power of understanding government policies, and how to work with them. We work with the railroad industry, trucking industry, airlines, financial services and banking clients, and private developers.
- Railroads — Cambridge Systematics has an understanding of how the nation’s rail transportation system currently operates — and how it will need to change in the future. We have worked with leading passenger, commuter, and freight-rail carriers, including Amtrak, Consolidated Rail Corporation (Conrail), CSX, Norfolk Southern (NS), the Long Island Railroad (LIRR), and the Association of American Railroads (AAR).
- Trucking Industry — Cambridge Systematics is recognized as a national leader in consulting, technical support, and information management tools for commercial trucking carriers. We have worked with leading industry associations and private carriers, including the American Highway Users Alliance (AHUA), the American Trucking Associations (ATA), and the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA).
- Airports — Cambridge Systematics has worked with many airports and development authorities to forecast regional growth and air passenger enplanement, estimate vehicular traffic around airports, prepare land use and development forecasts, and forecast travel demand generated by airports. We have worked with airports, development authorities, and other transportation agencies across the country.
- Financial Services Industry — Cambridge Systematics works with many financial services institutions to negotiate public infrastructure financing, create public/private partnerships, and perform industry market research on financial services products and services. We have worked with clients such as mutual fund companies, toll road partnerships and corporations, and other banking institutions.
- Private Developers — Cambridge Systematics understands that an interdisciplinary approach is required for private development. Our approach takes into account transportation planning, traffic engineering, architecture, civil engineering, environmental impacts, economic analyses, community processes, and public agency negotiations.